Fundraise at home
If you want to help CARE’s poverty-fighting work while staying at home during the coronavirus, but need some inspiration, you’ve come to the right place!
- Amazon Smile
Did you know you can donate to CARE, at no extra cost, while using online retailers such as Amazon? If you already have an Amazon account, you can log in as usual on the Amazon Smile website and they will donate a percentage (0.5%) of the eligible purchase price to your chosen charity. Click here for further guidance.
We’ve joined up with Savoo to bring you exclusive deals when you shop online, while supporting CARE International. Once you sign up, you can access thousands of voucher codes and deals to save you money on your shopping, and for every purchase you make you’ll be supporting your favourite charity at no extra cost to you. Click here to get started!
CARE is also featured on easyfundraising. You can pick from over 4,000 retailers selling items such as clothes and stocking-fillers and when you make a purchase, a small donation goes to the charity of your choice. Once you click through to the website and complete your order, CARE receives a small donation from the retailer. You can find out more by visiting CARE's easyfundraising page.
- Don’t Send Me a Card
Thinking of using less paper and becoming more sustainable in everyday life? You can do that AND support CARE at the same time, with Don’t Send Me a Card. Send eCards to your loved ones for any occasion and donate the cost of greeting cards to charity. You can read more about the excellent initiative here.
- Give as you live
Give as you Live Online is the free and easy way to raise free funds for CARE International UK, simply by shopping online. Join for free today and start raising when you shop at over 4,000 stores. Click on a store you want to shop with and you’ll be directed to the store’s website where you can continue to shop as normal. Your purchase will automatically generate free funds for charity!
We also want to help you stay active and motivated while staying at home, and if you’re able to raise some money along the way, then that’s great:
1. Take inspiration from olympic medalist Paul Chelimo who has turned his bathtub into a treadmill! How many steps can you do a day — will your friends and family sponsor you to walk 10,000 steps a day?
2. Hold an online quiz! Get your family and friends together online, and ask each one to prepare a round for you all to enjoy and donate £2 per person for taking part. CARE staff held a quiz last week, which was great fun!
3. Have a bake-off, then post your pictures online – best looking cake wins! Ask your friends and family to donate £1 to vote. If you need some recipe ideas check out Cakes4CARE, for two delicious recipes from CARE programme participants.
4. If you’re musically talented, why not hold an online gig? You could do a livestream, not only providing some entertainment for people staying at home, but could raise some money if you ask viewers to donate while playing.
5. Or if you need a bit more inspiration, why not take a look at our virtual events page? You could be climbing Everest or hiking the Inca Trail all whilst at home!
JustGiving is an easy online way to collect donations. Your fundraising will be sent through to us, which means one less task for you to do. We’d love to see your innovative ways of fundraising at home, so remember to send us an email at email@example.com
Keep up-to-date with how CARE is responding to the coronavirus on our website, and how your fundraising will provide life-saving support.